First ride of the season

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

gaburley

First ride of the season

Post by gaburley »

Hi Everybody;

Well, I just got back from taking my Saga (150) for the first ride of the season; every year it takes me quite a few midnight rides to get comfortable with driving and I wont venture out in the day until I feel confidant, comfortable and safe. Remember that under that gravel there is sometimes ice. Go ahead and make jokes, but if I don't feel like I have total control over my scoot, I don't go out (except on midnight rides).

Anyhoo, mister expert scooterist who keeps detailed records,,,,,ran out of gas. nothing too serious, just a bit of exercise on a cool pre-spring night. It cost me $7.45 to give my scoot a premium drink, and never having driven a car it seems like a fortune, but at least I know how much the tank holds.

I will try to post a picture of the shirt I bought after work a few days ago (I work over nights at Wal-Mart), I think that I might buy another so I have one for special occasions and one to wear out over the summer.

Drive safe, have fun and be careful skills can get rusty over the winter.

Glenn

Ps. I will post a picture in the picture section
Last edited by gaburley on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Under the window where you enter a new post but above the Preview/Submit buttons you should see a button to Add an Attachment. Attached pictures are automatically displayed.

There is also the img tag above the text window but you have to have the pic online somewhere to put the url in the img tag.

Hope this helps.

Trevor

ps. You aren't a real scooterist until you have pushed your bike home or to a gas station at least once. Or multiple times as the case may be.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Gord

Post by Gord »

Well Glen you beat me to the first ride of the season.
I agree with you about the gravel on the road and I am kind of waiting untill things clean up a bit.
P.S. I also like the midnight ride.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

New battery in Hannah's Vino.
New plug, oil, and carburetor brass in the ET4
New plug, carb adjustment, and a general tightening down of everything rattly on the P200
and I started the burgman just to make sure it was ready for the season.

Yep it's riding time. Temps in the 70s all week and I am on crew break. Can you say awesome boys and girls.

Keep em shiny
T
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?