New Corbin Seat Ordered!

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

redbike

New Corbin Seat Ordered!

Post by redbike »

I want to do a long haul this summer to Princeton, B.C. and I'm finding that the more time I spend on the stock seat, the less comfortable it is. I've been poking around and came up with an aftermarket seat from Corbin which is not too outrageous. So, tan cobra leather seat with tan side panels and tomato (!) red welt to set it off. Should look sweet, but more importantly, should help with the miles. Now I have to wait for a copy of Destination Highways guide to B.C. to arrive, and I'm set!

Yippee!!!
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Ah the beauty of a new modern machine, the worry free miles.....Good for you John, can't wait to see it, it sounds like a special order item??

Nice meeting you on Sunday, hopefully we will get more time to discuss why you are a recovering lawyer! :shock:

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

Yeah, it's a special order, but only because of the coverings I've ordered and I want the operator's portion of the seat moved forward one inch; now that you've met me, you will know why (!!!). I've been told it will be at my door in about 3 weeks. Corbin, as you know, is a US company, but all of their Cdn orders are handled through a co. out of Burnaby. I had a series of very helpful discussion with "Phil" there and the deal was done via internet. They emailed me a copy of the order just to be sure it was all correct. Couldn't be happier with the service so far. It looks as if Corbin does a bunch of scooters (all shown on their US site) and one of the US scooter clubs did a recent tour of the factory, which is what twigged me onto them as an option.

On the lawyer part - no mystery - after 18 years of practice, I simply got tired of fighting with people. I was doing primarily litigation (prosecuting part time for the Attorney General and defending full time together with a very busy matrimonial practice) and so spent my life in an adversarial role. I wasn't sleeping, was pretty much a full-time grouch, my then marriage ended and I decided it was a perfect opportunity to change my life. Very simple really. Anyways, thanks for asking!

I seem to have gotten away from Sunday's meeting with absolutely no jobs; let me know if there's anything I can do re: the rally. I have free time during the day and can take on some stuff. It was a pleasure to meet all of you, too, and look forward to getting to know the Crudes better! John
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Oh man, I like the sound of "the Crudes" :D

There will be plenty of time to get to know everyone. As far as help for the rally, every offer of help will be needed as many things usually end up as last minute...stay tuned!

I think customizing your ride is cool, and as time passes and more manufactures get on board there will be more options for everyone.

Glad to hear that your life change has lead you to our Club, that is defineatly a positive move!

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

hmmm.... the "Crudes". I like it too! It makes us sound tough :P .

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris