Let's Get This Started Party

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Let's Get This Started Party

Post by jbcollier »

This Saturday afternoon at 12:30 pm., I'll be lifting my 150D out of the basement and firing it up for the first time. You are welcome to join me* and there will be champagne, if it bursts into life, and, fire extinguishers, if it bursts into flame. Either way, a fun time is assured.

It will be at my house at 8620 Saskatchewan Drive, just west of the faux traffic circle at the intersection of Groat Rd and 87 Ave. Please google map it if you haven't been there before as it is a bit tricky to find the first time -- I say that a lot, don't I.

* Actually, if no one shows up, it stays in the basement as my back is out and I can't lift it. Please let me know if you can come and help me carry it out!
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I'd love to come help, but in an effort to pay for rallies, a lambretta and a gas guzzling truck, I've started working Saturdays again. Probably won't be done in time :(

Hope it goes well! Can't wait to see it...
All hail Emperor Kang!
david

Post by david »

I can be there John, and will pick-up the slack in Audrey's absence; if that's possible :P
Ska'D for Life
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I'll be there to help too.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
pk50

Post by pk50 »

Wouldn't miss it ! see you Saturday
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

We have enough labourers so the party is a go!

I am a little nervous though, usually I pre-start my first start so I know it will go smoothly. No chance of that happening as Janet doesn't have many rules but no two stroke smoke in the house is one of them.

See you all Saturday and thank you so much for your help!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Fixed my atrocious spelling.

Please ping me if you are coming so I have enough champagne on hand.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

jbcollier wrote:Fixed my atrocious spelling.

Please ping me if you are coming so I have enough champagne on hand.
By Champagne I hope you mean Chinnoto?
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

There will be chinotto for those who want it but, after this much work and money, there will be champagne, and not the cheap stuff.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Count me in.

I'll help out.

I can lift stuff.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Great, the more the merrier.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Thanks Everyone! My back thanks you, my wife thanks you and the 150D is grateful as well.

It was a real team effort to get it up the stairs -- note to self: no more scoot builds in the basement. Angelo, David, Kevin, Igor, Graham and Shannon all had a hand, arm or back involved.

A couple of fittings required tightening on the carb to stop fuel leaks but, thankfully, nothing else acted up.

Gave a blast through the exhaust on the second kick and started good and proper on the fourth. The usual clouds of smoke poured forth from the all the oil used in the rebuild. A couple of tweaks of the carb screws and it it settled down to a nice and steady idle.

Graham ran beside me and I rode it up and down the road a wee bit. Clutch and selector mech all works smooth and slick.

Cracked the champagne, tucked the scoot away till spring and had a good jaw and laugh.

Thanks again Everyone. We'll be on the road again soon!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

It's not often you get to witness a bike coming back to life after so many years that it layed dormant. It's a beautifuil bike, to be a part of it is very cool. Thank you for the oppurtunity.

Cheers
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Thanks to Angelo, here are some photos of the event:

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg26 ... st%20ride/

I am the skinny, bald headed, old coot.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Checked out those pics, really cool guys. Sorry I was too busy at home with 2 crying kids and a grumpy sleep deprived Wife. Those pictures remind me of a hospital scene, Graham holding the IV and John the runnaway patient. lol
Congratz John on the nice build can't wait to see it.