Spruce Grove Scoots

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Rick

Spruce Grove Scoots

Post by Rick »

So living out in Spruce Grove now. I found one gentleman who rides and might be many more as summer comes around. I've been racking my brain trying to find back roads that don't take me too far off track to get to edmonton for meetings and rides. If I wanted to get rear-ended and killed then I would attempt to ride HWY 16 or 16A. At least once a week in a car I see a close call happen and I won't risk it on a bike. I thought about another more powerfull scoot but then it's a pain in the ass to sell my bike and then buy another etc. etc. Plus it's still too dangerous in my opinion. Anyways if I can't find a reasonable route to ride in to edmonton I will probably not travel it. Which brings me to another notion Kevin brought up, maybe I can start a Spruce Grove Chapter out here if there is enough riders. We'll see. What do you guys think? Maybe as a group riding in we won't get taken out so easily. lol
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Just looking at the map, you could:

- go up Century Rd (Township Rd 272) and right onto Township Rd 532A

- follow 532A and then turn right again on Hwy 44

- Hwy 44 crosses the Yellowhead and then becomes Township Rd 531A

- right again on Range Rd 261

- left onto 112 Ave and you're in the Winterburn Industrial area around 215 St.

- from there you wind your way (215 St, 107 Ave, 199 St, 109 Ave, tiny bit of the Hendy and onto 111 Ave to finally get into the city proper.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I got a buddy that works in the Winterburn Industrial area.

199 street south to stony plain road recently closed and will be for a while.
The 109 Ave exit/entrance to the Anthony Henday has been gone for almost a year. Won't be back for a while either.

Winterburn Road (215th) or Range road 261 north or south is the only way in or out of that area now.