Workshop Sunday April 29

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Workshop Sunday April 29

Post by jbcollier »

We will be having a workshop on Nick's and Audrey's scoots this coming Sunday. We'll start bright and bouncy at 9 a.m. and hopefully get an afternoon ride in as well.

Please check the private members area for Nick's address. Not a member? PM Nick for the address. His list nom de plume is "nick".
Luzzara

Post by Luzzara »

What does this workshop mean??? I bring my scooter and people will help me change the oil and such? or is this a hard core vintage workshop, for those bikes that are really touchy?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Hey Sarah,

This workshop is for sorting out Audrey's and Nick's scoots. We have to finish assembling Audrey's P200 engine and Nick's Rally 200 needs the front signals sorting out so he can pass his OPI.

I would be delighted to help you with your oil change as long as the "and the such" isn't too involved. Call me (I think you have my cell #) or PM me and we'll set something up.

Nice to hear from you!
Luzzara

Post by Luzzara »

Well, maybe one Sunday, we can have a bbq party lunch then go for a ride after... and such is making sure my battery works... i didn't ride much last year and I think i need a new one. My bike only has maybe 1500km.

I really miss seeing everyone.
nick

Post by nick »

John, So I checked the bill and they didn't include the airbox to engine base gasket. So we'll have to just inspect the current one. If it is bad I'll order a new one and put it back together once it arrives. I've read that they can leak from not being torqued on properly.. We'll see. I'm going to make another order soon anyways cause I want spare bulbs and fuses. I'm also going to try and find a new battery this week. Battery Direct may have one, I'm going to phone them tomorrow. I'm going to try and get gear oil and change that this week.

HI SARAH! I like BBQ and I eat meat now! I also like scooter rides!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Sounds fine to me Sarah.

We can make one if we have to. I'll bring some gasket paper, punches and scissors to the workshop.
david

Post by david »

Not a member, but would like to be... I can help with that. Membership really does have its privleges. To all those who bought memberships today, thank-you, and welcome to the club 8)
Ska'D for Life
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

nick wrote:John, So I checked the bill and they didn't include the airbox to engine base gasket. So we'll have to just inspect the current one. If it is bad I'll order a new one and put it back together once it arrives. I've read that they can leak from not being torqued on properly.. We'll see. I'm going to make another order soon anyways cause I want spare bulbs and fuses. I'm also going to try and find a new battery this week. Battery Direct may have one, I'm going to phone them tomorrow. I'm going to try and get gear oil and change that this week.

HI SARAH! I like BBQ and I eat meat now! I also like scooter rides!
who will you be ordering parts from?
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Gord

Post by Gord »

david wrote:Not a member, but would like to be... I can help with that. Membership really does have its privleges. To all those who bought memberships today, thank-you, and welcome to the club 8)
Hi David
I would like to be an official member.
Too bad I missed the ride last weekend.
If you can get me the details on membership that would be great.
Thanks
Gord
Keep the shiney side up!
nick

Post by nick »

Angelo wrote:who will you be ordering parts from?
Either Scooterworks or SIP. I'm trying to avoid SIP until I have a large order because they use UPS and brokerage is a nightmare with them..

My order so far is going to be 8a fuses, bulbs, and hopefully a battery. None of the local places I called can get a battery in for me. I'm hoping SIP or Scooterworks will ship a battery cross border. Probably going to add a few extra bits to the list after the workshop.
Gord

Post by Gord »

Hi guys and gals.
I would like to come out again this sunday and lend a hand.
Can some one please PM me the address, as I would like to ride out on the scoot and cant follow John up the highway at 70 KMPH.
But I think I could get there VIA the range roads from Sherwood Park.
Thanks
Keep the shiney side up!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Hi Gord,

It's in town so why not meet at my place and we can ride over together? 8:30 in the morning, mind!

My address is 8620 Saskatchewan Drive. Let me know if your coming and google map the address as it is a bit tricky the first time.
Yarko

Post by Yarko »

I'll probably put in an appearance as well, being back in town and all.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Yarko wrote:I'll probably put in an appearance as well, being back in town and all.
welcome back!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I may be able to make it too. That is if I can get through my mountain of marking and the scoot starts.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris