Sunday May 27

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Sunday May 27

Post by jbcollier »

It's time to have a closer look at our two cafe choices. We will start at the Wild Earth Cafe in the west end (just south of the traffic circle at 142nd and 87th) at 11 a.m. and end up at the Wild Earth Cafe in Strathcona (99th St and 89th Ave) at 1 p.m.

This way we'll be better able to evaluate the parking situation at the Strathcona location.

If I get a chance, I'll drop the D and ride it as a suitable accompaniment to Angelo's GS150!
daniel.larson2

Post by daniel.larson2 »

Just checked out the Laurier location. Beautiful place really. As has been noted: plenty of parking to boot. They did a really nice job revitalizing the strip, it was pretty run-down not too long ago.
Sip another rum and coke, told a dirty joke.
gaburley

I might show up

Post by gaburley »

Hi Guys and Gals:

Well my Saga pooped out; the original engine pooped out (i heard from owner #2) at 3100k then was replaced by the dealer. At 2000k it just died so i took the opportunity to get my Hondas (83 Mascot 80, blown rear tire and an 86 Elite 80, needs an OPI) on the road.

I just got the Elite insured and have a transport sticker that is good for a week (and an appointment at Cote Motorcycles on Monday for the OPI). After one shakedown ride I am in love; this is a scooter that i could commit to.

Anyhoo, I will try to be there on Sunday morning if she holds together, there are cracks all over and missing screws. I bought it sight unseen from BC., but for me, the Elite series might be perfect.

Keep happy and safe
Glenn

Ps. At least I can commit to a model, that is a start.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I think I can actually make it this Sunday! Although I will have to leave the ride before 1 for a Folk Fest meeting. On the bright side my meeting is on route to the Southside location. :)

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
david

Post by david »

For anyone wishing to buy a membership today, I will be at both locations.
Ska'D for Life
daniel.larson2

Post by daniel.larson2 »

How much are they, David?
Sip another rum and coke, told a dirty joke.
david

Post by david »

$25 per household, to support your favorite club for the year :D
Ska'D for Life
david

Post by david »

WOW!!! What a great turn out today. Really nice to see everybody.

Thank-you to everyone, who bought a membership to join this eclectic group of people 8)
Ska'D for Life
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Such a great morning. Thanks again for leading David.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris