2011 LX150

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

gaburley

2011 LX150

Post by gaburley »

Hi guys and gals;

So is everyone else itching for riding weather?

I just bought a 2011 LX150. I will be relocating to Merritt and taking delivery on June 1st. It is all I could afford, but will it be enough for short highway jaunts? Basically, is it a good all round scoot? Could you give me you opinions on a good lock. I paid $4500

Keep happy

Glenn

Ps. The smart thing would have been to ask before I bought it,,, oh well, it is a Vespa!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I wouldn't expect anything more than 95 kph if your a fat ass like me. If your more like Grahams size ya might get a couple bonus kph's.
gaburley

Post by gaburley »

Kevin wrote:I wouldn't expect anything more than 95 kph if your a fat ass like me. If your more like Grahams size ya might get a couple bonus kph's.
Yup, I am big
nick

Post by nick »

200lbs on my LEADER 150cc and I would top out at indicated 100ish.. Took a bit to get up to that. That was no wind either. At that speed I got HORRIBLE mileage. No passing power. 150cc is meant for city driving imo.. 250cc+ is what you want for highway driving.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Short jaunts on the highway should be fine, rider "aerodynamics" excepted. The posted speed is supposed to be a maximum and running 5 or 10 under shouldn't be a problem.

I once chaperoned an LX50 on the highway and we were doing 35 kph uphill with traffic doing 110. Not fun.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

ET4 Rider here. Sam-ish motor as the LX. I used to commute on mine from Morinville to the base 5 days a week. I have taken it on 600km highway runs. Even drove the number 2 down to Lethbridge. Keep your head on a swivel. Don't get complacent and don't be shy about using the shoulders as your own private road.

And it is a good all round scooter. Like anything, keep the maintenance up and it will go for a long time. Just about to roll over 40000 km on mine.

Just my .02.

Trevor
ps I am not a tiny person either.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?