Class 6 road test help

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

DaelimRacer

Class 6 road test help

Post by DaelimRacer »

So as indicated in another post for the past year I had my MST level in BC which essentially allows one to ride with all privileges of a regular rider outside of passengers and stricter rules on alcohal levels.

Anyhow, I recently came back to AB and sadly I had to restart the whole process. I am debating just going to the registry and booking a test and doing it as I did ride for almost a year last year but then again it has been almost 6 months since I have last been out.

Has anyone done the test recently is it very difficult? I am sure it is just regular safety issues and checking blind spots and backing into a parking spot etc.. or am I wrong?

anyway happy to be back
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Go slow! At least 5 kph below the posted limit at all times. Anything over the limit is an automatic fail. Exaggerate your shoulder checks and head movements when checking for approaching traffic. Slow down when approaching any intersection and swivel your head side to side, even if you have right of way. Unmarked intersection? Slow right down and do the head swivel again.

Did I mention go slow?
david

Post by david »

Everything John said and, treat evey intersection you stop at; controlled or uncontrolled, as though there IS a painted crosswalk and stay back of that "unpainted crosswalk" when you come to a stop, even if no one is there waiting to cross. Move ahead and stop again if you need to. (it's OK to ask the examiner for clarification on anything, not sure? Ask)
If you do come to a stop in a crosswalk, marked or unmarked, you will be deducted points; as I was.

Good luck!
Ska'D for Life
haveaniceday11

Post by haveaniceday11 »

I am also needing to go in for my test. Daelimracer, how did it go? Any extra tips for myself?? Thanks!
david

Post by david »

We did a group ride together last fall. You rode with confidence, maintained your lane position, and made good decisions from what I saw. Follow the rules of the road and I would think you should have no problem with the road test.
Good luck, hope to see you soon for a group ride.
Ska'D for Life
DaelimRacer

Post by DaelimRacer »

haveaniceday11 wrote:I am also needing to go in for my test. Daelimracer, how did it go? Any extra tips for myself?? Thanks!
I am still working on getting the out of province certification done for my bike.

sigh what an annoyance.

Once i get that done and then I will get my wheels on the road.
gaburley

Class 6 road test

Post by gaburley »

I videotaped my test, it only took 23 minutes from the engine turning on to the engine turning off (the test is supposed to take 45 minutes). If you have some experience and confidence you will have no problem.

Mind you switching my licence to BC, they weren't sure how to do it as I don't drive a car, just a scooter, but after a few phone calls it worked out. For a while they were insisting that I get my car licence first.

Switching licences is so much fun.