New member introduction.

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Kermit

New member introduction.

Post by Kermit »

Hi there!

I bought my first scooter last week - a Yamaha Vino 50cc. I don't know anyone else who has a scooter so I'm hoping to make some connections, maybe tag along for some rides etc.

Melissa
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Welcome!

As it happens, there's a big scooter event this weekend. Please see this thread:

http://www.crudecityscooterclub.com/for ... php?t=2264

The out of town rides are probably a bit much for a 50 cc scoot.

Watch the list for other rides as people are posting all the time.
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

Welcome Melissa! Monica has a 50cc Vino too and just loves it! She is "Macgyyver" here on the forum. She is busy in Calgary at the moment working on a rental house she owns but she would be down for some weeknight rides if you are available (and maybe weekends if she is in town).
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Thanks, guys!

I'll definitely keep my eye out for Macgyyver and hopefully we can get together for a ride.
Macgyyver

Post by Macgyyver »

HI! Yes, I love my vino 50 for scooting around DT! :) I do use my LX150 for more high speed/distance rides.

My baby hasn't run yet this year, not little Vino's fault, I just haven't been in town to get her going. Maybe this weekend?

We have the End of Season Pooch pool swim for the Humane Society at Oliver Pool Sept 12 in the afternoon, and the Beaglemania Sunday Sept 13th in the afternoon - at Oliver park. :)

Busy busy busy!
=~=~=
2001 Vino YJ50 2-stroke (Just rolled 26,000kms - yes that's right - 26!)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom "Blaze"
2006 new to me Vespa LX150 8,000kms with character
2006 hand-me-down Vespa LX150 33,000kms
RedDogAB

Post by RedDogAB »

After 38 years of wonderful motorcycling all over the continent I'm thinking of a scooter. I'm older, slower and more relaxed but still need highway speed capability and a dose of character.

I'm thinking Vespa GTV 300 ie. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before. - Vince Lombardi
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

More than enough scooter for anything you want to do. Tops out in the 80 to 90 mph range. 150s in the 65 to 70 mph range.
rbielby

Post by rbielby »

I like the GTV (cost aside for us poor guys) and it does have more character than the ones that are often online for highway use and has all the right specs for all the right kind of drives I think-not that I've been on one. I am looking at some of the yamaha's and honda's on kijiji right now just for their highway two upmanship capabilities and overall comfort (read girlfriend), larger wheels but my debt is still staring back at me. If I were doing most of my riding in town or just me on the bike, the Vespa 300 is the cooler way to go, going to Sturgous-you might be laughed at either way on a scoot (who knows really) but it would be more comfortable long haul on a silverwing, majesty, burgman I think. If mostly city-GTV or similar. Most of the guys on here drive Vespa/italian, so they would know best, and Vespa does tend to be the best (Usually!!!) but don't exclude yamaha or honda on name alone-in my humble non-expert opinion. Cheers.
Ryan Bielby
Former: Electric Bike 50cc (on good days), Yamaha Razz, Piaggio Typhoon 50, Derbi Boulivard 150. Now. Burgman 400 AN and Various old pedlie bikes I still keep around.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hey RedDog. I don't know what kind of endstate you are looking at for a bike but if big tupperware is on your radar I have plenty of input, having put 49000k on my Big Burg over the last few years. 500 mile a day trips under a July Texas Sky? Check. 700 miles through the mountains of AB and BC, raining every mile of the way? Check. Two up for hours on end? Check. Rollercoaster roads with the throttle dangerously close to wide open going through Yellowstone Park? Check and Check.

But if you are looking for something with a little panache, a little soul, a little character; you could do much worse than the 300 that's for certain.

Happy shopping and keep the shiny side up.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
rbielby

Post by rbielby »

....I am with Trevor...
Ryan Bielby
Former: Electric Bike 50cc (on good days), Yamaha Razz, Piaggio Typhoon 50, Derbi Boulivard 150. Now. Burgman 400 AN and Various old pedlie bikes I still keep around.