Hello! New to scooters…

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Kawi_girl

Hello! New to scooters…

Post by Kawi_girl »

Hi! I have been lurking here all summer. I live outside of the city and bought a Vespa GTS 300 this past January from Alberta Cycle. I used to ride a motorbike so scooters are new to me. Spent the summer getting to know the Vespa, and it’s had it’s 1000km service before the snow flies. Hoping that it overwinters okay…I filled the tank and put in stabil, and will be using a battery tender. Heated garage. (Well, above freezing anyway). So far I love it, despite a few issues…one is that the fuel gauge no longer works! They will have to deal with that in the spring, apparently there’s a warranty for that good until 2024.
So I’ve just been gauging the kilometers ridden before I fill…hoping that I’m judging correctly. :wink:

Wishing everyone a short winter, perhaps I’ll see you around one day. I’ll admit I have felt like I’m the only Vespa out there, when I go for a ride! Guess I’m just not in the right area.
jbcollier

Re: Hello! New to scooters…

Post by jbcollier »

Welcome!

Warranty will sort your fuel gauge, no problem. On those of us with vintage scoots, guess-timating is all we ever do. Keep it conservative and you'll be fine. Your storage plans sound ideal. Maybe throw a cover over it to keep the dust off.

We usually meet up most Sundays all year round. Miss a few in the holidays. In the warmer seasons, we follow the food and chat with a short to medium length ride. We welcome all riders: modern, vintage and even no scoot at all. Please come out and join us!