The way ahead

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

The way ahead

Post by coyoteran »

Ok, so I think I have a plan. I do like the vespa but the bottom line is it is not suitable for the type of riding I do. And as much as I like the gts, I am not fond of the price tag. I already have a stylish, albeit broken, bike that I spent too much money on.

I like the utility of scooters but I need a highway eater. So, provided financing falls into place here in the next week or so (working on getting a secured line of credit that the bank wont charge me a setup fee for, so if you have any leads, I am willing to listen) there is a used burgman at riverside that I have my eye on. S model 400. Low windscreen, chrome mirrors etc.

The vespa becomes the in-town, weekend meeting, scooter rally, bike. Slowly work it back to stockish. Stock muffler, new rims etc.

Once both scooters are running, sell the DR and the Nighthawk and move forward.

And maybe one day, look at a vintage or at the very least a P series.

Thats the plan. But as we all know, the plan rarely survives first contact with the enemy.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Try ING for credit. (http://www.ingdirect.ca/en/ ) Low fees or no fees as everything is done on the internet.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

sounds like a solid plan Trevor... And remember, I have a pair of 24" mirror stems if you want to start modding up that burgman at all. :lol:

good luck with it all!
All hail Emperor Kang!
redbike

Re: The way ahead

Post by redbike »

coyoteran wrote:Ok, so I think I have a plan. I do like the vespa but the bottom line is it is not suitable for the type of riding I do. And as much as I like the gts, I am not fond of the price tag. I already have a stylish, albeit broken, bike that I spent too much money on.

I like the utility of scooters but I need a highway eater. So, provided financing falls into place here in the next week or so (working on getting a secured line of credit that the bank wont charge me a setup fee for, so if you have any leads, I am willing to listen) there is a used burgman at riverside that I have my eye on. S model 400. Low windscreen, chrome mirrors etc.

The vespa becomes the in-town, weekend meeting, scooter rally, bike. Slowly work it back to stockish. Stock muffler, new rims etc.

Once both scooters are running, sell the DR and the Nighthawk and move forward.

And maybe one day, look at a vintage or at the very least a P series.

Thats the plan. But as we all know, the plan rarely survives first contact with the enemy.

Trevor
Trevor, I'll get shot for even thinking about another bike, but why not pm. me with details on the DR. Ta.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.