scooter upgrades

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Sanosuke87

scooter upgrades

Post by Sanosuke87 »

Ive had my Aprilia SR50 ditech for almost a year now, and ive been working on some solid performance upgrades. So far i got low weight clutch rollers and a tuned tail pipe. I have been working on a K&N air induction kit for 3 days now and have produced a prototype; the results are amazing, not only did i gain horse power but all around gains in acceleration, throttle response and top speed! as a bonus you also get a racy sound!

I highly recommend this upgrade to anyone who wants to go fast, but i made this upgrade myself, and so if you want this upgrade there is a few things to consider: first, it cost me 65$ for the K&N filter, but worth every dime. second, im a welder so fabricating the intake was easy, finding someone will be harder. third, the sound it make is very loud. and last, my bike is fuel injected so it compensates for the higher air volume, so any carb scooter will have to be tuned to compensate.

I will have the final intake completed by this sunday for the ride.
Im also willing to help anyone whos interested in upgrading.
ForgedPixels

Post by ForgedPixels »

I love K&N. I had one in my first car, and I should really get a new cone filter in my new car. I'll also have to look into what's available when I get my Vespa S!
~Barrett R