PX engine seal change workshop

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

PX engine seal change workshop

Post by jbcollier »

We are going to change the seals in Al's P200 engine. The workshop will take place on Sunday February 8 with a 9 AM start (ouch!). We will be doing the work at my work place, and CCSC rally sponsor, Sports Car Centre located at 8737 - 53 Ave (rear entrance).

We hope to do it all in one day but we may have to do over two sessions if other parts are found to be required.

Everyone is welcome to come.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Uh oh, I just remembered I do not have a flywheel puller for a P200. I know Igor does and that Audrey has it. Does anyone else have one? Could you bring in Igor's Audrey? Could I drive out and get it?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Would the one for my Sprint Veloce 150 work?
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I'll be coming in, and I will make sure to bring it along with me. No worries!
All hail Emperor Kang!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Thanks Audrey!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

A very nice time was had by all and special thanks to Audrey who not only supplied the very necessary flywheel puller (thanks Igor!) but also brought coffee and doughnuts!

The bad news is that at one time someone ran the scoot's oil tank dry. A beautiful, low mile engine with piston seizure, bad flyside crank bearing and a suspect big end. The bad bearing took out the flyside seal which was causing his running problems. The crank is OK but for how long is hard to say so I recommended either changing the rod and big end or getting another crank.

Al's going to round up the parts and we'll have another clam bake soon.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Crappy news! It's a shame that there are still people that have no clue that machines DO need occasional Maintenance. Most of these machines will run for a looooong time with no issues with only a little oil and fuel....

Al's lucky that Doctor C was on call, the Prognosis looks good with a little TLC... I hope to be available when the engine comes back to life!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-