Bad news for an old, new scoot

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Bad news for an old, new scoot

Post by jbcollier »

I am visiting family in BC right now and one of the reasons for my trip was to check out an old family friend's scooter. He had bought an 1983 Yamaha Beluga. I did a bit of research before heading down and parts are completely unavailable from Yamaha or the aftermarket. The one part that kills them is an starter plunger diaphragm in auto start system.

Sure enough, pull the carb down and the diaphragm is toast; too bad, so sad. If I lived here I could modify rig up a manual choke Mikuni VM to do the job but not on a holiday visit.

I am easily finding parts for scoots from the sixties and here is a scoot from the eighties that is DOA due to a carb part.

A bit sad really.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

John call me on my cell tomorrow. I know someone in town that has a beluga that might have the missing piece. I work with the guy who knows the other guy.....there might be hope!

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Hi Angelo,

I am out of town right now and do not have your cell # with me. I will give you a shout when I get back.

Thanks!
furnaceman

Post by furnaceman »

I may know someone who had one before she bought a costco scoot and all the parts were there except the engine was siezed.

Bruce
furnaceman

Post by furnaceman »

you could also call ron at vespa kelowna he has one and he may know of or where to get parts

250-868-2453

Bruce.