Please....lets all be careful

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

Angelo

Please....lets all be careful

Post by Angelo »

I had a pretty disturbing start to my day, and all I could think of was what not paying attention can lead too..

Heading south on 170 street at around 128 avenue at 6.30am. I'm driving on the inside lane doing 70k (the speed limit). Keep in mind this all happened in about 5 seconds. I noticed that the their was a 1 ton construction truck ( with a steel deck) ahead of me on the outside lane that was not moving (apparantly it had stalled). I quickly shoulder checked to my right and noticed that the lady beside me had no Idea. I slammed on the horn (in the hopes of walking her up) and swirved into the middle lane in order to give her an escape route. No luck. She slammed into the rear of the truck doing at least 70k. The truck was pushed forward 40 feet and her car first gained altitude and then slammed down. The only evidence of any reaction was 3 feet of skid marks before impact. The happy ending is that she walked away, although I'm sure she will be feeling the pains of the incident for months...

People lets be careful, we on 2 wheels can't even afford a close call...

To quote our cuddly bear in the club...."keep the shine side up"

P.S If anyone is curious, she was driving a Toyota Camry and both front doors still opened like the day it left the showroom. Amazing.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

yikes...

Glad to hear that everyone seems to be ok on the deal, but it's a clear reminder not to take anything for granted on the road. :/
All hail Emperor Kang!