BMW divorce came through

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

BMW divorce came through

Post by jbcollier »

FINALLY got the new tires for the BMW which is now a single for the upcoming road trip with my daughter. I had to mount them myself as they were too busy to do anything but balance them.

It's certainly lighter than Trev's Yeti but, with a 32 litre tank, that weight is up high. Fine once you are past 5 kph but you have to pay attention under that. I stop with BOTH feet on the ground so there are no surprises. Fairly easy to loft on the center stand though.

Went for a blat around the city and it is quite a bit faster and doesn't need anywhere the same amount of stick. The rig would top out around 145/150 (not GPS certified) but now it zips up there with very little urging and still raring to go for more.

Hot day meant a hot bike when I pulled in to check out the new releases at Future Shop. 15 minutes on and it did not want to start. I got it going by turning off the headlight and hitting it quickly. So that means it is suffering from the dreaded field coil magnet glue failure. Sigh.

Phoned local dealer and a new starter (new ones have properly secured coils) clocked in at, I kid you not, $654C. Seemed a bit rich so I phoned a US BMW dealer who sold me one at $342US. Though there will be shipping on top of that, that's almost half price!

Would like the handle bars to be lower but that would entail putting the small tank back on. So no go there. James likes it better than the Suzuki but not as much as the rig so I have ordered a leading link front end which will greatly simplify converting back and forth. I also have to keep my eyes peeled for used wheels as the rig squares its tires PDQ.

Speaking of James, having him on the back made no noticeable difference. Definitely not something you can say about the Suzuki or, even worse, the Vespa.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

And then he read the directions!

Seems I should have dropped the fork tubes to spec. Amazing what you find in them there manual things.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Oops, I am too good. Manual spec is exactly what I had it set to.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

The "Technicians Creed", article 6 states....

Why read the manual it only slows you down.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?