scooter rentals?

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

ScarletBee

scooter rentals?

Post by ScarletBee »

hi guys,

it's been a long time since i#ve been to this forum. the reason, as some of you might remember, is, that i relocated to germany for the time being. i'll be in edmonton for a couple of weeks in august, from the 4th to the 21, mainly for the folk fest, but also to hook up with some old friends.

i'd love to come to a meeting, but wouldn't want to do that without a scooter. does anybody know if there is a place in town that rents scooters? or any other means of getting my hands on one for a couple of weeks short of steeling one for the duration of the stay.

by the way, the bee got here alright in one piece, mostly, save for a few scratches.but they did hold it at custums in hamburg for about three weeks before they released it. something about papers and stuff, you know how those germans are.

so, i would love to see all you guys again, maybe someone has an idea about how to get me fixed up with a ride, would be great.
imagine no more winters...
Macgyyver

Post by Macgyyver »

Haven't seen anywhere that rents scooters in Edmonton since Top Gear closed up.

Google brought some stuff up, but it's old…http://www.ridetheworld.com/albertamoto ... uring.html

Can find you a bicycle rental…

Perhaps buy one on Kijiji?

Sorry! :(
=~=~=
2001 Vino YJ50 2-stroke (Just rolled 26,000kms - yes that's right - 26!)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom "Blaze"
2006 new to me Vespa LX150 8,000kms with character
2006 hand-me-down Vespa LX150 33,000kms
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Great to have you back! We would be delighted to see you. Can you ride an older manual scoot?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I'll loan you a PK50 (kitted to 100) if ya can ride a manual scoot. Just need to renew a plate.
ScarletBee

Post by ScarletBee »

I can certainly ride a manual scoot, I owned a 50cc for 7 or 8 years before I came to Canada. They also made me retake my Motorcycle driving test here before letting me ride the Bee, because I had gotten my licence for it in Canada. Of course, you can't use your own bike over here, so I took it on 600cc Kawasaki. That was different.

So, if Ican borrow a scooter from one of you guys, that would be perfect. If there is a meeting on the fifth at Wild Earth Cafe, Heike and I will try eveything to make it. We'll get in late saturday night, but we should be able to make it for 1pm.

I sure hope to see you all there.
imagine no more winters...
Macgyyver

Post by Macgyyver »

FYI - for future reference, discovered at the Apocalypse rally there's a place in Calgary that is renting… however, caveat emptor!

Amy from Apocalypse SC had her 50cc Vespa in for service with All Season Motorsports, and they rented her a Kymco 50cc. Cute, looks good, only had 19km on the odo… BUT only does 45kph. MAX.

Google told us there's a restrictor on the carb, and likely a muffler mod that would make this faster, but we didn't have time to do any disassembly to get it going a bit faster. Sad because she didn't feel comfortable going on the rides and slowing down the group. (I know she saw those two Sprees!)
=~=~=
2001 Vino YJ50 2-stroke (Just rolled 26,000kms - yes that's right - 26!)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom "Blaze"
2006 new to me Vespa LX150 8,000kms with character
2006 hand-me-down Vespa LX150 33,000kms